Monday, April 28, 2008

Paul's Pig


Since Paul came all the way from Cold Lake, I decided to let him catch all the fish! Actually, he plain out fished me. Pulling this 23" beauty out of a small pool just after I left it and after fishing it with the same fly he used for 10 minutes. He also managed a 19", 16" and a few others. I chased a large brown on dry way up above the Trout Unlimited Bridge but to no avail. A large beaver dam has helped the upper section hold water but has hurt the section Jason enjoys. Stauffer gave us a good day, saw some top water action, sun, and fun.


4 comments:

Old Trout said...

Maybe pumping out all those kid's has affected your fishing

Anonymous said...

It put too much pressure on my time line and knowing the lack of fishing I will experience in the fututre I'm basically pounding the pool and moving on. Patients is what I need back .These are browns afterall.

TPS said...

What was it measured with??

Busksaw Smitty said...

Wicked fish Paul. I think it's for the best that your not coming to the 10th Annual JBFC because you Alberta boys might get a little roughed up if you started to catch big fish like that on NS rivers.

Just kiddin buddy,maybe.