Monday, July 21, 2008

Blackstone River July 2008


18" Cutt. Evening fish below the Gap. Stimulator dry.

17". Evening fish below the Gap. Nymphing.

17". Evening fish below the Gap. Large peach wooly bugger.

16". Evening fish below the Gap. Stimulator dry.

Great time. Paul fished 4 days. Shaun and I showed up Friday afternoon. Fished Friday from Meadow section upstream. It rained and clouded up. Saturday morning we dropped a truck at the bridge. Paul, Shaun, and I fished the 4 km's from the Meadow section down to the bridge. Amazing water. Fish had sore mouths from previous two days. Saturday night we hit the section just below the Gap. Used a quad to cut off the first 2 km's and kicked ass for 3 hours as you can see above. Thanks to Paul for pushing me into this trip.

1 comment:

Busksaw Smitty said...

I hate you Shawn. That 18" cutty is sweet. I'm in for JBFC 2009 Alberta style for SURE! That cutt seals the deal.