Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ryan Nebogie - New Zealand




Ryan Nibogie took his hot girlfriend to NZ for 3 months to shag in a rented camper van and fish the mountain streams. No, this is not my dream! OK, it actually is.



It's spring time, the rivers are low and clear. He tried for a few days and eventually hired a guide. Ends up, while I wasn't exactly calling it right, suggesting shallow nymphing with zebra midges, as Phil and I did in Utah on the Green River, I was close. Guide recommended tungsten midges and sheep hair indicators. Sounds like Czech nymphing to me.



Check out the picture he sent me. I told him the next one better include his girlfrind in her bikini!



Nice job Ryan......you cheater!




Expensive JBFC, but something worth talking about. He wants to go back next year.


He got back to me on this post right away. Here's what he had to say.


"Did I mention that fish was 8lbs. Guide was showing us mouse imitations that work in a few weeks. Had this pic of a gutted brown with 9 mice in it. Crazy. Easiest fishing is now. The fish become extremely wary. Lets go for two weeks next yr."

No comments: