Saturday, September 27, 2008

20/20 Club


Jim the guide helping me land a 21" rainbow caught from the boat on a #20 dun. What a fucking rush! These fish jump completly out of the water and head shake the entire fight in.

Dave, from Connacher Oil, hunting a large surfacing rainbow.

18" brown I saw in 2" of water feeding the trico hatch. Took him on the same fly.

Brown released and gaining his breath. You can see the small flies (hatch) just above him we played through.

Fishing the Bow was amazing. Even better from a drift boat and guided. I learned what I need to know to take on the river without a guide. Fish average 20" with both rainbows and browns up to the 28" - 30" range in some areas. Can you belive this.......2400 trout per mile!!!
Fishing was hard and cold yesterday. Very small blue trico hatch for a few hours. We all landed fish over 20" on #20 dry flies. Incredible. Can wait to get the pontoon boats on the river next year. Water is shallow and calm on most of the river. Nymphing and small dries for 20" fish and large foam hoppers along the banks for the monsters. Who wants in on that 2009 trip? Here are my pictures. I'll get some from the other boys via email.

1 comment:

Busksaw Smitty said...

I want in big daddy! Sign me up.
Your like Snoop Dog of flyfishing. Man you get to fish alot!