Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Need Help

I realized today after placing my fly order that I have limited knowledge of what I see fishing in terms of the flies and what they are. I have searched for a quick reference guide online and have found nothing. I would like to have with me on the water a small laminated reference book with all Canadian flies and their various versions. It would help me to chose the best fly for the situation at hand. Before I attempt to make my own, using the coloured pages displayed on the Fly Shack website (probably around 50 pages), does anyone else have any suggestions? Have you ever seen one? I'm not talking about the large fly pattern books on the market for fly tiers but some small, water proof and not heavy. Would anyone be interested in one of these if in the end I have to put them together (photoshop them compact and print) or have an outfit do them up?

No comments: