Monday, August 18, 2008

Blackstone River August 16, 2008


We were lucky. We hit 4 green drake hatches. Two on the section just below the Gap and two in the Gap the following day. The fish went wild. Took most of the big ones on a green bodied stimulator or green drake dry fly.


GD hatch. Green stim.




GD hatch. Green stim.

Nymph. Recognize this fish Paul?

Gap. Nymph.

21" bull. Gap section. I caught a small cutt on a dry fly. This big bull grabbed the cutt in its mouth and hung on. Somehow, the cutt got off and this bad boy had my dropper nymph hooked to its side. Great fish, great story.

Recap - Left Saturday. Fished below gap in the morning. Went to the cabin and drank wine, ate steak, Riaan and I played poker while Jacob fished the pool where the Wapiapi dumps into the Blackstone. Cleaned the cabin after breakfast Sunday and went to the Gap. Great fishing until about 1 pm when everyhting went dead. Went home. Awesome trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got your message Marky and NO. I only get fishing a few times a year now with Liam and two boys on the way. I have to post some pictures. If you were out here you'd do the same........and I mean you'd post lots of pictures of me catching large fish you netted and took pictures of! Hope you have fun at the honey hole. Sounds like a strip bar in Lower sackville.